NICE case: Probe ordered against Deve Gowda, SM Krishna, Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Lokayukta Court here on Thursday ordered a probe against three former Karnataka chief ministers -- former prime minister HD Deve Gowda, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna and BS Yeddyurappa, on a complaint alleging irregularities in the Bangalore-Mysore expressway project.
Judge NK Sudhindra Rao directed Additional DGP (Lokayukta) HN Sathyanarayana Rao to conduct the probe against the three and 27 others in connection with the alleged corruption and illegalities in the Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) project which was awarded to Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise (NICE) and its sister companies.
The complaint was filed by social activist and entrepreneur TJ Abraham.
Others against whom the probe was ordered included NICE managing director Ashok Kheny, former minister RV Deshpande, Congress leader D K Shivakumar, Public Works Minister C M Udasi, ICICI Bank Private Limited, industrialist Baba Kalyani, William Weld, former Governor of Massachusetts USA and Richard Hangan, another US national, who was part of the consortium with which the state had signed an MoU for the project.
Abraham had named 105 people in his complaint filed against NICE and its sister concerns also alleging illegal grabbing of farmers` lands for the project.
However, the judge ordered probe only against the 30, excluding the rest. Another former chief minister N Dharam Singh is among those excluded from the probe.
The court, in its nearly 500-page order, further directed that a wing be constituted comprising not less than four Deputy Superintendents of Police (DySP) for investigating the matter against the 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery