Nine killed in mishap in Karnataka
Bangalore: Nine persons were killed and an equal number injured, five of them seriously, in a head-on collision between a lorry and van at Kamplapura in Mysore district on Wednesday.
The victims, hailing from Dakshina district, were returning home after a visit to Tamil Nadu, police said.
The lorry was transporting LPG cylinders.
The injured have been admitted to hospitals in Periyapatna and Mysore, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss