Nirani case adjourned to Dec 12
Bangalore,Nov: The Lokayukta court on Wednesday directed
Lokayukta police to submit on December 12 its final report on
the probe in the private complaint against Industries Minister
Murugesh Nirani, charging him with illegal denotification of
government land for pecuniary gain.
Granting time to Lokayukta police to submit their final
report on Dec 12, Lokayukta Court judge NK Sundhindra further
directed that the Superintendent of Police, Lokayukta Bangalore
Urban and the Dy SP also to be present that day.
On October 24, the court had directed Lokyukta police to
submit its report today on the charges levelled in the
complaint filed by Alam Pasha, an entrepreneur.
The complainant charged Nirani and eight others, including
his family members, with "misusing his position as Industries
minister" and floating a number of non-existent companies,
illegally denotifying Karnataka Industrial Area Development
Board land in Devanahalli and Dobbaspet to them for "pecuniary
gain", causing a loss of over Rs 130 crore to the exchequer.
Pasha also alleged that Nirani as Minister had "misused"
Global Investors` Meet forum for his "personal advantage".
He also claimed Nirani had consolidated land allotted to
the firms "run by men of his choice" and raised over Rs 500
crore loan without any authority and had "acted in dual
capacity to cause prejudice to the interest of the state".
He further charged Nirani of making one of the companies
participate in the GIM when it had not even been incorporated
by the Registrar of Companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing