Nithyananda Ashram unsealed
Bangalore: Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam of controversial godman Nithyananda at Bidadi in neighbouring Ramanagara district was unsealed on Tuesday, a week after it was locked on the orders of Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda.
The keys were handed over to the Bidadi Ashram administration by Ramanagara Revenue and Police officials.
"Unsealing was done as per the DC (Deputy Commissioner) order. It (locking of Ashram) was not (no longer) needed", Ramanagara Superintendent of Police, Anupam Agarwal, told PTI by telephone.
Gowda had also ordered Nithyananda`s arrest following an alleged attack by his devotees at the Ashram on mediapersons of a news channel when they went there to attend a press conference convened by him on June 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing