Nithyananda Ashram unsealed
Bangalore: Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam of controversial godman Nithyananda at Bidadi in neighbouring Ramanagara district was unsealed on Tuesday, a week after it was locked on the orders of Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda.
The keys were handed over to the Bidadi Ashram administration by Ramanagara Revenue and Police officials.
"Unsealing was done as per the DC (Deputy Commissioner) order. It (locking of Ashram) was not (no longer) needed", Ramanagara Superintendent of Police, Anupam Agarwal, told PTI by telephone.
Gowda had also ordered Nithyananda`s arrest following an alleged attack by his devotees at the Ashram on mediapersons of a news channel when they went there to attend a press conference convened by him on June 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing