Nithyananda Ashram unsealed
Bangalore: Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam of controversial godman Nithyananda at Bidadi in neighbouring Ramanagara district was unsealed on Tuesday, a week after it was locked on the orders of Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda.
The keys were handed over to the Bidadi Ashram administration by Ramanagara Revenue and Police officials.
"Unsealing was done as per the DC (Deputy Commissioner) order. It (locking of Ashram) was not (no longer) needed", Ramanagara Superintendent of Police, Anupam Agarwal, told PTI by telephone.
Gowda had also ordered Nithyananda`s arrest following an alleged attack by his devotees at the Ashram on mediapersons of a news channel when they went there to attend a press conference convened by him on June 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok