Nithyananda Ashram unsealed
Bangalore: Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam of controversial godman Nithyananda at Bidadi in neighbouring Ramanagara district was unsealed on Tuesday, a week after it was locked on the orders of Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda.
The keys were handed over to the Bidadi Ashram administration by Ramanagara Revenue and Police officials.
"Unsealing was done as per the DC (Deputy Commissioner) order. It (locking of Ashram) was not (no longer) needed", Ramanagara Superintendent of Police, Anupam Agarwal, told PTI by telephone.
Gowda had also ordered Nithyananda`s arrest following an alleged attack by his devotees at the Ashram on mediapersons of a news channel when they went there to attend a press conference convened by him on June 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP