Nithyananda devotee files complaint against media
Bangalore: A Bangalore-based devotee of
self-styled godman Nithyananda has filed a complaint to the
Police Commissioner against some sections of the media for
allegedly hurting religious sentiments by "deliberately
distorting telecast of Guru Poornima celebrations".
AC Narendran filed a complaint under Section 295A
of IPC (hurting of religious sentiments) against two regional
television channels and other media for "distorting telecast
of Guru Poornima celebrations and kundalini awakening sessions
at Nithyananda Dhyananpeetam ashram in Bidadi in Ramanagar
The ashram had invited the media to be part of a "live
scientific recording of activation of certain parts of the
human brain through the ancient spiritual technique of
`Kundalini Awakening and Levitation` (anti-gravity) through
initiation by Nithyananda" on July 15.
"With no attempt to understand or verify the spiritual
and scientific research, they (media) have outrightly
misrepresented it as a `con, comedy and repulsive show` to
readers and viewers with especially blatant implications
attached to levitation movements of innocent devotees and
spiritual seekers who had gathered from all over the world on
the auspicious and holy day of Guru Purnima," he said.
The devotee also alleged that the visuals "were
accompanied by derogatory vocal commentaries, several panel
discussions with people who abused the programme outright
without even caring to know or visit or experience the
Nityananda and his associate Nithya Bhaktananda were
arrested on April 21 last year in Himachal Pradesh`s Solan
district after they went underground following the broadcast
of a video footage purportedly showing the self-styled godman
in a compromising position with an actress.
A case is pending against them in a court in
Ramanagara near here over criminal charges, including rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional