Nithyananda threatening to kill me: Rape victim
Bangalore: An ex-devotee of the controversial godman Nithyanada, Aarthi Rao, has allegedly claimed that there is a threat to her life on Saturday, as per news reports.
Aarthi Rao is the NRI woman who sparked a sex scandal against godman Nithyanada.
The local news channel televised the charges levelled by Aarti Rao, a former devotee of Swami, who currently lives in the US and other former devotees in a series of interviews since June 3, 2012.
According to the news reports, Aarthi lodged a complaint with police on Friday night alleging that she feared a threat to her life against the controversial self styled godman Nithyananda.
“An unidentified man was found lurking near my father’s car parked outside the house. I don’t think anyone but Nithyananda would try to threaten me as I am scheduled to attend a court hearing,” she said after lodging a complaint with the Commissioner of Police.
Earlier also Rao had lodged a police complaint with CB-CID alleging that Nithyananda and his supporters had threatened her and her family members.
After accusing Nithyananda of sexual abuse, Rao became a prosecution witness when Karnataka police filed a chargesheet against the godman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet