Nityananda case: HC dismisses plea challenging charge sheet
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court no Wednesday
rejected a plea by self-styled godman Nityananda for
furnishing him a copy of the charge sheet filed against him by
CID in connection with a rape case he faced.
Justice C R Kumaraswamy also dismissed an application
by Nityananda who had sought a direction to the CID not to
file the charge sheet, on the ground that it has already been
submitted before the jurisdictional magistrate.
The CID, which investigated the case, had filed the
charge sheet on November 27 before the chief judicial
magistrate at Ramanagara, charging Nityananda with rape and
unnatural sex and also against four of his associates for
abetting the crime.
The CID today submitted a copy of the charge sheet
before the high court and the counsel for Nityananda pleaded
that the court provide him a copy, which the judge rejected.
The judge directed the chief judicial magistrate to
furnish a copy of the charge sheet to the accused and also
Nityananda`s counsel to go through the procedure to get it.
The judge adjourned hearing of the criminal petition
filed by Nityananda praying for quashing of two FIRs lodged
against him to December seven.
Nityananda landed in a controversy after a purported
video footage of him in a compromising position with an
actress was aired on local Tamil channels. He was arrested in
Himachal Pradesh on April 21.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know