Nityananda case: HC dismisses plea challenging charge sheet
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court no Wednesday
rejected a plea by self-styled godman Nityananda for
furnishing him a copy of the charge sheet filed against him by
CID in connection with a rape case he faced.
Justice C R Kumaraswamy also dismissed an application
by Nityananda who had sought a direction to the CID not to
file the charge sheet, on the ground that it has already been
submitted before the jurisdictional magistrate.
The CID, which investigated the case, had filed the
charge sheet on November 27 before the chief judicial
magistrate at Ramanagara, charging Nityananda with rape and
unnatural sex and also against four of his associates for
abetting the crime.
The CID today submitted a copy of the charge sheet
before the high court and the counsel for Nityananda pleaded
that the court provide him a copy, which the judge rejected.
The judge directed the chief judicial magistrate to
furnish a copy of the charge sheet to the accused and also
Nityananda`s counsel to go through the procedure to get it.
The judge adjourned hearing of the criminal petition
filed by Nityananda praying for quashing of two FIRs lodged
against him to December seven.
Nityananda landed in a controversy after a purported
video footage of him in a compromising position with an
actress was aired on local Tamil channels. He was arrested in
Himachal Pradesh on April 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad