Nityananda`s bail plea hearing adjourned to June 10
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court Tuesday adjourned to June 10 hearing of bail application of self-styled godman Nityananda Swami, arrested on criminal charges, including rape.
When the case came up,Justice C Kumaraswamy adjourned the case stating that since the case had earlier been heard by Justice Subhash B Adi and since he was on leave, only he would hear Nityananda`s bail application and pass orders.
Meanwhile, a writ petition filed by Nityananda`s counsel against freezing of bank accounts of the four trusts of which Nityananda is a trustee was also adjourned to June 10.
Nityananda, whose judicial custody ends tomorrow, landed in controversy in March after local TV channels aired purported video footage showing him in a compromising position with a Tamil actress. He was arrested in Solan district in Himachal Pradesh on April 21. His followers had gone on a two-day fast on June 5 praying for his release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state