No bail for Reddy in illegal mining case
Hyderabad: A local court on Friday dismissed an
interim bail petition of mining baron Gali Janardhan Reddy
seeking permission to visit Bellary in Karnataka to attend to
his mother`s death anniversary ceremony.
In his order, the Special Court judge for CBI cases said
he did not find it feasible and proper to release the
petitioner (Janardhan Reddy) on bail under escort to go to
The judge further noted that the release of the accused in
the custody of jail authorities or police was a "great
responsibility", considering the security involved.
"The release (of Janardhan Reddy) on bail with escort
would certainly create a law and order situation at Bellary,"
the judge observed in his order.
Reddy, who is currently lodged in Chanchalguda jail here
after being arrested by the CBI in connection with an
"illegal" mining case, had filed an interim bail plea
yesterday seeking permission to visit Bellary along with jail
escort for two days to attend his mother`s death anniversary
ceremony on December 31.
However, the CBI strongly opposed Reddy`s plea on
apprehensions that he may flee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city