No bail for Reddy in illegal mining case
Hyderabad: A local court on Friday dismissed an
interim bail petition of mining baron Gali Janardhan Reddy
seeking permission to visit Bellary in Karnataka to attend to
his mother`s death anniversary ceremony.
In his order, the Special Court judge for CBI cases said
he did not find it feasible and proper to release the
petitioner (Janardhan Reddy) on bail under escort to go to
The judge further noted that the release of the accused in
the custody of jail authorities or police was a "great
responsibility", considering the security involved.
"The release (of Janardhan Reddy) on bail with escort
would certainly create a law and order situation at Bellary,"
the judge observed in his order.
Reddy, who is currently lodged in Chanchalguda jail here
after being arrested by the CBI in connection with an
"illegal" mining case, had filed an interim bail plea
yesterday seeking permission to visit Bellary along with jail
escort for two days to attend his mother`s death anniversary
ceremony on December 31.
However, the CBI strongly opposed Reddy`s plea on
apprehensions that he may flee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'