No ban on Srirama Sene at this stage: K’taka HM
Bangalore: Karnataka Home Minister R Ashoka
said on Monday there was evidence on the involvement of right wing
Srirama Sene in the recent hoisting of Pakistani flag in
Bijapur district but ruled out any move to ban the outfit at
"There is evidence against Srirama Sene in the Sindagi
incident", he told reporters here.
Asked if the government would ban the organisation, he
said the probe was at a certain stage and the state would
spell out its stand while filing chargesheet in the case.
He pointed out that a lot of formalities had to be gone
through and "correct and confirmed evidence" needed for
banning a organisation. At this stage, `there is no need to
ban Srirama Sene`, the Minister said.
Ashoka said he would discuss the issue with Chief Minister
DV Sadananda Gowda.
Six college students, who were members of the Srirama Sene,
had been arrested for allegedly hoisting Pakistan`s flag
in the premises of the Tahsildar`s office in Sindgi, 60 km
from Bijapur, on January 1.
The Minister said the incidents of communal violence had
come down during the three-and-half-year tenure of the BJP
Government. From 28-30 such incidents every year (in the
past), it had come down to 7-8 annually now.
Police are keeping a special vigil at places where
incidents of communal violence took place in the past five
years. An 80-member commando force is already functioning to
deal with such incidents as well to fight naxal menace.
Another 80 personnel would join the force soon.
They would also be deployed in Mangalore, Hubli, Gulbarga
and Belgaum, Ashoka added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof