No breakthrough in Bangalore blast yet
Bangalore: Even two days after a bomb blast near the ruling BJP`s office here that left 16 injured, there was no breakthrough till late Friday, as investigations by sleuths of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and the state police did not lead to any suspects or motive behind the terror attack.
"Investigation in the bomb blast at (the north-western suburb of) Malleshwaram is underway though no definite clues so far on its perpetrators or additional inputs to nab the culprits. We hope to crack the case at the earliest," a senior police official told a news agency.
Bangalore Police Commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar late Friday said NIA, National Security Guard (NSG) and the city crime branch experts were examining the footage from the closed circuit television cameras that were installed in the vicinity to identify the persons who parked the motorbike with explosives and present there.
"Forensic experts are also analysing the explosive materials and other objects recovered from the wreckage of the motorbike, two cars and two scooters that were gutted," Auradkar said.
Though the national and state security experts have been interrogating several people in the city and the neighbouring states of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, police declined to share details as investigation was in progress.
"No groups have claimed responsibility for the blast. We are reconstructing the sequence of events to ascertain the conspirators and their links to the incident," Auradkar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss