No breakthrough in Bangalore blast yet
Bangalore: Even two days after a bomb blast near the ruling BJP`s office here that left 16 injured, there was no breakthrough till late Friday, as investigations by sleuths of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and the state police did not lead to any suspects or motive behind the terror attack.
"Investigation in the bomb blast at (the north-western suburb of) Malleshwaram is underway though no definite clues so far on its perpetrators or additional inputs to nab the culprits. We hope to crack the case at the earliest," a senior police official told a news agency.
Bangalore Police Commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar late Friday said NIA, National Security Guard (NSG) and the city crime branch experts were examining the footage from the closed circuit television cameras that were installed in the vicinity to identify the persons who parked the motorbike with explosives and present there.
"Forensic experts are also analysing the explosive materials and other objects recovered from the wreckage of the motorbike, two cars and two scooters that were gutted," Auradkar said.
Though the national and state security experts have been interrogating several people in the city and the neighbouring states of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, police declined to share details as investigation was in progress.
"No groups have claimed responsibility for the blast. We are reconstructing the sequence of events to ascertain the conspirators and their links to the incident," Auradkar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow