No breakthrough in Bangalore blast yet
Bangalore: Even two days after a bomb blast near the ruling BJP`s office here that left 16 injured, there was no breakthrough till late Friday, as investigations by sleuths of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and the state police did not lead to any suspects or motive behind the terror attack.
"Investigation in the bomb blast at (the north-western suburb of) Malleshwaram is underway though no definite clues so far on its perpetrators or additional inputs to nab the culprits. We hope to crack the case at the earliest," a senior police official told a news agency.
Bangalore Police Commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar late Friday said NIA, National Security Guard (NSG) and the city crime branch experts were examining the footage from the closed circuit television cameras that were installed in the vicinity to identify the persons who parked the motorbike with explosives and present there.
"Forensic experts are also analysing the explosive materials and other objects recovered from the wreckage of the motorbike, two cars and two scooters that were gutted," Auradkar said.
Though the national and state security experts have been interrogating several people in the city and the neighbouring states of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, police declined to share details as investigation was in progress.
"No groups have claimed responsibility for the blast. We are reconstructing the sequence of events to ascertain the conspirators and their links to the incident," Auradkar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi