No classified information compromised: DRDO
Bangalore: Aijaz Ahmed Mirza, a DRDO scientist arrested along with 10 others on charges of plotting terror attacks in Karnataka, was not involved in any sensitive work in the organisation, Defence Research and Development Organisation said on Friday.
"He was not involved in any sensitive work and as such no sensitive or classified information has been compromised. Disciplinary action as per GOI (Government of India) rules is being taken," it said.
Twenty-six-year-old Mirza had been placed as Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for the past few months, at Centre for Air Borne Systems (CABS), a DRDO laboratory here.
Verification of his antecedents including by police was conducted in the process of Mirza`s placement on the temporary position of JRF, DRDO said in a statement.
Under the Research fellowship scheme, DRDO offers opportunities to young scientists and engineers for working at DRDO labs in the areas of basic research relevant to the laboratory. "Their antecedents are verified and police verification is conducted in the process of recruiting them as research fellows," the statement added.
City police yesterday announced the arrest of the 11 with suspected links to terror outfits Lashkar-e-Taiba and HUJI and claimed to have foiled their plot to kill MPs, legislators and mediapersons and some pro-Hindutva leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday