No classified information compromised: DRDO
Bangalore: Aijaz Ahmed Mirza, a DRDO scientist arrested along with 10 others on charges of plotting terror attacks in Karnataka, was not involved in any sensitive work in the organisation, Defence Research and Development Organisation said on Friday.
"He was not involved in any sensitive work and as such no sensitive or classified information has been compromised. Disciplinary action as per GOI (Government of India) rules is being taken," it said.
Twenty-six-year-old Mirza had been placed as Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for the past few months, at Centre for Air Borne Systems (CABS), a DRDO laboratory here.
Verification of his antecedents including by police was conducted in the process of Mirza`s placement on the temporary position of JRF, DRDO said in a statement.
Under the Research fellowship scheme, DRDO offers opportunities to young scientists and engineers for working at DRDO labs in the areas of basic research relevant to the laboratory. "Their antecedents are verified and police verification is conducted in the process of recruiting them as research fellows," the statement added.
City police yesterday announced the arrest of the 11 with suspected links to terror outfits Lashkar-e-Taiba and HUJI and claimed to have foiled their plot to kill MPs, legislators and mediapersons and some pro-Hindutva leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla