No concrete information on fugitive serial rapist: Karnataka Police
Bangalore: Four days after the dramatic escape of a serial rapist, also accused in several murder cases, from the high-security prison here, police on Wednesday said they have no concrete information on the fugitive.
Amidst reports that 36-year-old Jaishankar had been spotted near Bidadi in Ramanagara district on Tuesday evening, City Police Commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar said they haven`t yet got any concrete information on him.
"We have heard that the fugitive Jaishankar was spotted on this or that highway, but we haven`t got any concrete information on him as yet," Auradkar told reporters.
Police are on the lookout to nab Jaishankar, who had escaped from the Parapanagrahara Central Prison in a dare-devil act on Sunday, scaling two 15-feet inner walls and the 30-feet outer wall with electrical fencing.
Auradkar said city police were jointly working with the neighbouring Tamil Nadu Police to nab Jaishankar. "A special squad has been formed to nab the accused," he said.
Jaishankar, considered as a psychopath, who was recently sentenced to 10 years imprisonment in a trespass, rape and murder case, hailed from Kanyapattanam Konasamudra village in Tamil Nadu`s Salem district.
The convict is facing trial in more than 20 cases in Chennai, Dharmpuri, Hosur, Salem, Tirupattur of Tamil Nadu and Bangalore Rural, Chitradurga, Hiriyur, Kadur, Molakalmur and Tumkur in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons