No concrete information on fugitive serial rapist: Karnataka Police
Bangalore: Four days after the dramatic escape of a serial rapist, also accused in several murder cases, from the high-security prison here, police on Wednesday said they have no concrete information on the fugitive.
Amidst reports that 36-year-old Jaishankar had been spotted near Bidadi in Ramanagara district on Tuesday evening, City Police Commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar said they haven`t yet got any concrete information on him.
"We have heard that the fugitive Jaishankar was spotted on this or that highway, but we haven`t got any concrete information on him as yet," Auradkar told reporters.
Police are on the lookout to nab Jaishankar, who had escaped from the Parapanagrahara Central Prison in a dare-devil act on Sunday, scaling two 15-feet inner walls and the 30-feet outer wall with electrical fencing.
Auradkar said city police were jointly working with the neighbouring Tamil Nadu Police to nab Jaishankar. "A special squad has been formed to nab the accused," he said.
Jaishankar, considered as a psychopath, who was recently sentenced to 10 years imprisonment in a trespass, rape and murder case, hailed from Kanyapattanam Konasamudra village in Tamil Nadu`s Salem district.
The convict is facing trial in more than 20 cases in Chennai, Dharmpuri, Hosur, Salem, Tirupattur of Tamil Nadu and Bangalore Rural, Chitradurga, Hiriyur, Kadur, Molakalmur and Tumkur in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts
- Pfizer boosts cancer drug roster with $14 billion Medivation deal
- OP Jaisha's ordeal: Marathon runner demands enquiry after AFI says she refused to avail energy drinks