No end to face-off between Karna CM, Guv
Bangalore: In a stand contradicting Governor
H R Bhardwaj`s claim on ending the Lokayukta impasse soon,
Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda on Tuesday said he has not
received any official reply from him to any letters on
appointing Justice S R Bannurmath for the post.
"I had written letters to the Governor on the issue of
appointment of Justice Bannurmath as the new Lokayukta. I
haven`t received any reply from him," Gowda told reporters on
the sidelines of an event here.
As the Governor has not replied to his letters, Gowda said
there was no need for discussing the issue with him.
Gowda`s comments come two days after Bhardwaj`s claim that
the Chief Minister had promised to come up with another name
after consulting his party leaders.
Bhardwaj had also claimed that things had started "moving
in the right direction" and he expected the matter to be
resolved in seven to ten days.
The BJP government had recommended former Kerala High
Court Chief Justice Bannurmath as successor to former Supreme
Court Judge Shivaraj Patil who resigned in October last over a
land allotment controversy.
Bhardwaj has refused to accept Justice Bannurmath`s name
citing reports about similar charges against him while the
ruling BJP has been aggressively pushing his case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal