No evidence of `Love Jihad`: K`taka CID interim report
Bangalore: Karnataka CID on Friday sought a two-month time from the state High Court to further probe `Love Jihad`, where girls from other religious background are allegedly lured to marriage and converted to Islam.
However, the CID said it has not found any evidence of
`Love Jihad` in a case involving the marriage of a non-Muslim
girl from Karnataka with a Kerala Muslim youth.
In an interim report, CID said, "There seems to be no
prima facie evidence of `Love Jihad` in the case of Siljaraj
of Karnataka`s Chamarajanagar district marrying Asgar of
Kannur district of Kerala. Siljaraj has married Asgar out of
her own volition."
However, there was a need to investigate reports of `Love
Jihad` in parts of coastal Karnataka and Kerala, it said and
prayed for two months time, which the court granted.
A Division Bench comprising Justice K Sreedhara Rao and
Justice Ravi B Mallimath, which adjourned the case to January
18, said Siljaraj was free to go anywhere as she is a major.
On October 21, the Bench while hearing a habeas corpus
petition had directed the Karnataka and Kerala Police to
jointly investigate aspects of alleged `Love Jihad` and its
ramifications and submit a report today.
The court had also directed the girl to live with her
parents till the police filed their report.
The girl`s father C Selvaraj had submitted that his
daughter disappeared on August 8 and later he received a call
on August 15 from Asgar that he had married Siljaraj as per
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'