No govt wants a strong Lokpal Bill: Santosh Hegde
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Lokayukta and Team Anna member Santosh Hegde on Sunday said no government would like to bring in a strong Lokpal Bill in the country as the government does not have the intent.
"The government should bring in a strong Lokpal bill, but I don`t think any government will want to bring a strong Lokpal bill. The government does not have the intent", Hegde told reporters as he joined in the protest by Karnataka Chapter of India Against Corruption at the Freedom Park here.
He expressed happiness that Anna Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev had come together over the issue of corruption.
Anna and Ramdev began their day-long fast in the national capital, their first joint appearance on a public platform in the past one year, against the UPA on corruption.
The one-day fast is to demand bringing back black money stashed abroad and against corruption and corrupt system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon