No govt wants a strong Lokpal Bill: Santosh Hegde
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Lokayukta and Team Anna member Santosh Hegde on Sunday said no government would like to bring in a strong Lokpal Bill in the country as the government does not have the intent.
"The government should bring in a strong Lokpal bill, but I don`t think any government will want to bring a strong Lokpal bill. The government does not have the intent", Hegde told reporters as he joined in the protest by Karnataka Chapter of India Against Corruption at the Freedom Park here.
He expressed happiness that Anna Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev had come together over the issue of corruption.
Anna and Ramdev began their day-long fast in the national capital, their first joint appearance on a public platform in the past one year, against the UPA on corruption.
The one-day fast is to demand bringing back black money stashed abroad and against corruption and corrupt system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir