No govt wants a strong Lokpal Bill: Santosh Hegde
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Lokayukta and Team Anna member Santosh Hegde on Sunday said no government would like to bring in a strong Lokpal Bill in the country as the government does not have the intent.
"The government should bring in a strong Lokpal bill, but I don`t think any government will want to bring a strong Lokpal bill. The government does not have the intent", Hegde told reporters as he joined in the protest by Karnataka Chapter of India Against Corruption at the Freedom Park here.
He expressed happiness that Anna Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev had come together over the issue of corruption.
Anna and Ramdev began their day-long fast in the national capital, their first joint appearance on a public platform in the past one year, against the UPA on corruption.
The one-day fast is to demand bringing back black money stashed abroad and against corruption and corrupt system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Minor gang-raped in UP's Etah
- Three drowned as car plunges into canal in UP
- After clinching historic silver medal, here's what PV Sindhu was allowed to do by coach Pullela Gopichand
- Welspun India hires Ernst & Young to probe US export lapses
- BIZARRE PUNISHMENT! Kim Jong-Un to make North Korean athletes, who could not win medals in Rio Olympics, work in coal mines?