No leadership change in Karnataka: Gadkari
Bangalore: Dismissing the demand of former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Chief Nitin Gadkari on Friday made it clear that the party is not in favour of any change in leadership in Karnataka.
Yeddyurappa is reported to have set a Feb 27 deadline for the party`s central leaders to decide on his demand for reinstatement as CM or officially declared the supreme leader of the party in the state.
However, the party high command, though sympathetic towards Yeddyurappa’s plight, appears in no mood to bow down to pressure tactics being employed by him.
As per reports, Gadkari has made it clear to Yeddyurappa that DV Sadananda Gowda would continue to be the Chief Minister, at least till his name is cleared of the corruption charges. As far as the issue of him getting a ‘suitable post’, justice would be done to him soon, Gadkari reportedly told the Shimoga strongman.
Gadkari who was in Bangalore to chair take part in a `chintan-manthan` or brainstorming session with legislators, held a series of meeting to find a way out of the sudden rebellion by Yeddyurappa.
Yeddyurappa, who met Gadkari at a hotel for about 20 minutes, left the place without talking to the media.
The BJP chief also had separate meetings with Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda, state BJP chief KS Eshwarappa and other leaders before all of them headed to a resort on the city`s outskirts for the ‘chintan baithak’.
The session has been called to tell legislators and party leaders the importance of morality and discipline following the involvement of three ministers, Laxman Savadi, CC Patil and J Krishna Palemar in porn viewing in the Assembly Feb 7. They resigned the next day.
All party legislators, parliament members and several party functionaries are attending the session. Yeddyurappa is also participating in the session. Ahead of Friday`s meetings, Yeddyurappa hosted a luncheon meeting here Thursday to demonstrate support for him in the state unit.
February 27 is his birthday and his supporters plan a big bash where he may announce his plan of action if party does not accept the demands.
Yeddyurappa, the BJP`s first chief minister in southern India, quit July 31 last year over corruption charges. BJP came to power for the first time in Karnataka in May 2008. Assembly polls are due early next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset