‘No meaning in CBI inquiry into illegal mining’
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister DV
Sadananda Gowda on Thursday said a CBI inquiry into illegal mining
in the state is meaningless since the Lokayukta is already
"There is no meaning in the CBI inquiry into illegal
mining in Karnataka since the Lokayukta is already looking
into it," he told reporters on the sidelines of a function
Taking a swipe at the Opposition which has been
vociferous in its demand for a CBI probe into illegal mining
in Karnataka, Gowda shot back, "Those who are doing it have a
motive behind it."
The BJP government in Karnataka has come under repeated
attack from the Opposition on the illegal mining issue, over
which they have been targeting the powerful Bellary mining
magnates, the Reddy brothers, now in judicial custody after
arrest by CBI at the directive of Andhra Pradesh High Court.
Janardhana Reddy was arrested on September 5 along with
his brother-in-law and MD of his mining firm Srinivasa Reddy
under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up