‘No meaning in CBI inquiry into illegal mining’
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister DV
Sadananda Gowda on Thursday said a CBI inquiry into illegal mining
in the state is meaningless since the Lokayukta is already
"There is no meaning in the CBI inquiry into illegal
mining in Karnataka since the Lokayukta is already looking
into it," he told reporters on the sidelines of a function
Taking a swipe at the Opposition which has been
vociferous in its demand for a CBI probe into illegal mining
in Karnataka, Gowda shot back, "Those who are doing it have a
motive behind it."
The BJP government in Karnataka has come under repeated
attack from the Opposition on the illegal mining issue, over
which they have been targeting the powerful Bellary mining
magnates, the Reddy brothers, now in judicial custody after
arrest by CBI at the directive of Andhra Pradesh High Court.
Janardhana Reddy was arrested on September 5 along with
his brother-in-law and MD of his mining firm Srinivasa Reddy
under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!