No question of forming govt with BJP: BSY
Bangalore: Former Chief Minister and KJP leader B S Yeddyurappa Friday ruled out the possibility of his party forming a government with BJP after the assembly polls.
"There is no question of KJP joining hands with BJP to form the government. Some of them are trying to create confusion in the minds of people. Our aim is to form KJP government on our own," he told reporters after inaugurating KJP`s Election Office here.
Assembly elections are due in May.
Yeddyurappa also said there is no question of his party tying up with other parties to form the government. "When I was in BJP, I was determined to bring it to power in South India and did it. I am now determined to bring KJP to power and I am confident I will succeed," he said.
Yeddyurappa said he did not expect any political change after January 23, nor was he "trying anything of that sort (destabilising the present government)."
Yeddyurappa said if JDS and Congress are ready to destabilise the government, why should he do it.
On his supporter Nehru Olekar`s remarks that about 20 MLAs and four ministers would join KJP on January 23, Yeddyurappa said he was not aware of it.
Yeddyurappa said he has not given any deadline to BJP MLAs and Ministers to join KJP. "If they want to join my party happily, let them do so. If they feel safe in BJP, let them continue there. I have not set any deadline for them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in