No question of forming govt with BJP: Yeddy
Bangalore: Former chief minister and KJP leader BS Yeddyurappa on Friday ruled out the possibility of his party forming a government with BJP after the Assembly polls.
"There is no question of KJP joining hands with BJP to form the government. Some of them are trying to create confusion in the minds of people. Our aim is to form KJP government on our own," he told reporters after inaugurating KJP`s Election Office here.
Assembly elections are due in May.
Yeddyurappa also said there is no question of his party tying up with other parties to form the government. "When I was in BJP, I was determined to bring it to power in South India and did it. I am now determined to bring KJP to power and I am confident I will succeed," he said.
Yeddyurappa said he did not expect any political change after January 23, nor was he "trying anything of that sort (destabilising the present government)."
Yeddyurappa said if JDS and Congress are ready to destabilise the government, why should he do it.
On his supporter Nehru Olekar`s remarks that about 20 MLAs and four ministers would join KJP on January 23, Yeddyurappa said he was not aware of it.
Yeddyurappa said he has not given any deadline to BJP MLAs and Ministers to join KJP. "If they want to join my party happily, let them do so. If they feel safe in BJP, let them continue there. I have not set any deadline for them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr