No request for info on megacity project: Gowda
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister D V
Sadananda Gowda today said he had not received request from
anyone, including the Union Corporate Affairs Ministry, for
information on the alleged irregularities in Mega City housing
project promoted by his Cabinet colleague C P Yogeshwar.
"So far I have not received any request seeking
information on it from any one. I have no communication even
from the Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs which has probed
into the matter," he told reporters here.
Union Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily has
earlier this week said his ministry had submitted a report on
the Mega City project `irregularities` and action would be
taken by the government.
However, Yogeshwar, the state Forest Minister, has denied
any irregularities in the project.
Gowda also said the outcome of the September 26
to Koppal Assembly seat cannot be considered a referendum on
his administration as he had assumed office barely two months
Gowda, who campaigned for two days in the constituency,
however, exuded optimism of BJP winning the seat by a huge
He said Union Home Minister P Chidambaram had told him
that the Centre had decided to amend Article 371D of the
Constitution to provide for special powers to North Karnataka
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'