Northeasterners fleeing B`lore cross 18,000; RAF to be deployed
Bangalore: Six companies of Rapid Action Force (around 750 personnel) would be deployed in parts of the city to instill confidence among the panic-stricken people from the northeast even as the number of those fleeing from here has crossed 18,000.
Deputy Chief Minister and Home Minister R Ashoka told reporters here that the RAF companies would conduct flag marches in areas where people from the northeast reside in large numbers.
Ashoka said the state government has "definite information" about those who have sent the SMSes that created panic and they would be arrested soon.
Officials said 16,000 northeasterners have fled the city in the past two days, and another 2,000 headed home this afternoon in a special train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!