Not asking for Lokayukta`s mining report: Bhardwaj
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj
said on Wednesday he is not asking the Lokayukta Justice Santosh
Hegde, to submit to him his final report on illegal mining in
Bhardwaj said since the matter was referred to Hegde by
the Government, he has to give his report to it along with his
"There is one eventuality...that is.. anything is to be
done on the part of the Governor...then he can definitely send
it (to the Governor).Otherwise, this report he has to send it
to the Government, not me", the Governor told reporters in the
district headquarters town of Mysore in response to questions.
Explaining the "legal position", Bhardwaj, who shared an
uneasy relation with Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and has
been at loggerheads at times, said once the report is given to
the Government, "there will be period given to the Government
to accept or reject those recommendations".
Noting that since he (Bhardwaj) has not referred the matter
to the Lokayukta, he is "not a party to this whole thing...it
relates to mining and related matters".
"So, there have been comments from Hegde from time to
time that he may send (the report to the Governor), may not
send. I am not asking (him) to send", Bhardwaj, who had twice
recommended President`s Rule in the State in the past but
without success, said.
On Sunday, the Governor, perceived in some quarters of
BJP as being hostile to the government, said he would send a
report to President Pratibha Patil once the mining report
"comes on record".
Hegde`s leaked report on illegal mining has indicted
Yeddyurappa, triggering a political storm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand