Not asking for Lokayukta`s mining report: Bhardwaj
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj
said on Wednesday he is not asking the Lokayukta Justice Santosh
Hegde, to submit to him his final report on illegal mining in
Bhardwaj said since the matter was referred to Hegde by
the Government, he has to give his report to it along with his
"There is one eventuality...that is.. anything is to be
done on the part of the Governor...then he can definitely send
it (to the Governor).Otherwise, this report he has to send it
to the Government, not me", the Governor told reporters in the
district headquarters town of Mysore in response to questions.
Explaining the "legal position", Bhardwaj, who shared an
uneasy relation with Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and has
been at loggerheads at times, said once the report is given to
the Government, "there will be period given to the Government
to accept or reject those recommendations".
Noting that since he (Bhardwaj) has not referred the matter
to the Lokayukta, he is "not a party to this whole thing...it
relates to mining and related matters".
"So, there have been comments from Hegde from time to
time that he may send (the report to the Governor), may not
send. I am not asking (him) to send", Bhardwaj, who had twice
recommended President`s Rule in the State in the past but
without success, said.
On Sunday, the Governor, perceived in some quarters of
BJP as being hostile to the government, said he would send a
report to President Pratibha Patil once the mining report
"comes on record".
Hegde`s leaked report on illegal mining has indicted
Yeddyurappa, triggering a political storm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes