Not yet decided on quitting BJP: Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Stepping up the ante against Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda, his predecessor BS Yeddyurappaon on Sunday pressed him to convene the legislature party meeting at the earliest in a virtual endorsement of the demand made by 38 MLAs.
Ignoring the reported directive by BJP high command to him not to precipitate the crisis, Yeddyurappa continued to hold discussions with ministers and MLAs loyal to him at his Race Course residence over the group`s future course of action.
Last week 38 MLAs presented two requests signed each by 19 MLAs seeking emergency legislature party meet.
"It is true that a few ministers and MLAs have quit their posts and handed over their resignations to me. They are angry with the treatment meted out to them by CM Gowda", Yeddyurappa told the here.
The reason for this, Yeddyurappa said, was that the chief wrote a letter to the national President of the party Nitin Gadkari, seeking disciplinary action against them because "they were close to me".
Nine ministers and about 15 MLAs handed their letter of resignation to Yeddyurappa yesterday and more likely to follow by tomorrow, he claimed.
Yeddyurappa questioned Gowda for not convening the legislature party meeting and insisted that it should be called as early as possible.
"For the past five months, there has been no legislature party meeting. Why is there no meeting", he asked.
Responding to a query, he said "about nine ministers have resigned".
To another question on whether he would resign from the party, Yeddyurappa said "I have not taken any decision. I will take a decision at an appropriate time after consulting my ministers, leaders".
The minister who have submitted their resignations are Shobha Karandlaje, Murugesh Nirani, Basavaraj Bommai, MP Renukacharya, CM Udasi, Revu Naik Balumagi, Umesh Katti, V Somanna, Raju Gowda, he said.
State unit BJP President KS Eswarappa went to meet Yeddyurappa, but the Lingayat strong man had left for a function by then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan