Notorious robber nabbed in Karnataka
Dehradun: A key member of a notorious gang of robbers active in North India has been arrested by the Special Task Force of the Uttarakhand police from Karnataka.
"Mahendra of Bawariya gang of robbers active in North India was arrested by an STF team from Chikmarailly village of Mandya district in Karnataka on February 15," STF SSP Senthil, Avudai Krishna Raj S said on Tuesday.
"Mahendra was wanted in connection with an eight-year-old robbery case in Udhamsingh Nagar district in which he and his accomplices had critically wounded the victim family members, the STF SSP said.
"Mahendra carried a reward of Rs 10,000 on his head and has also served a 10-year prison term in another case of dacoity committed in Uttar Pradesh`s Muzaffarnagar district," he said.
After the arrest, Mahendra was produced in the court of Judicial Magistrate (first class) in Mandya and brought on transit remand to Dehradun, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!