Notorious robber nabbed in Karnataka
Dehradun: A key member of a notorious gang of robbers active in North India has been arrested by the Special Task Force of the Uttarakhand police from Karnataka.
"Mahendra of Bawariya gang of robbers active in North India was arrested by an STF team from Chikmarailly village of Mandya district in Karnataka on February 15," STF SSP Senthil, Avudai Krishna Raj S said on Tuesday.
"Mahendra was wanted in connection with an eight-year-old robbery case in Udhamsingh Nagar district in which he and his accomplices had critically wounded the victim family members, the STF SSP said.
"Mahendra carried a reward of Rs 10,000 on his head and has also served a 10-year prison term in another case of dacoity committed in Uttar Pradesh`s Muzaffarnagar district," he said.
After the arrest, Mahendra was produced in the court of Judicial Magistrate (first class) in Mandya and brought on transit remand to Dehradun, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan