Now, AAP to take on Sriramulu in Karnataka
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Friday released its ninth list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls and said it was fielding Shivakumar Giriyappa Malagi against the BJP`s B Sriramulu in Bellary in Karnataka in what is expected to be a high-profile contest.
Sriramulu`s BSR Congress, which he had floated after quitting the BJP, was merged with the saffron party recently despite senior leader Sushma Swaraj`s expressing reservations over this.
The BJP gave a ticket to Sriramulu in preference to incumbent J. Shantha.
Sriramulu is a close aide of former minister and jailed mining baron G. Janardhan Reddy, who was formerly with the BJP.
The ninth list contains the names of 30 candidates - 15 from Karnataka, three each from Chhattisgarh, Gujarat and West Bengal, two each from Maharashtra and Assam and one each from Kerala and Odisha.
With this, the AAP has now declared 317 candidates for the 543 Lok Sabha seats for which elections will be held. Two members of the Anglo-Indian community are nominated to the 545-member house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!