NREG funds misuse; 17 Gram Panchayat Secretaries suspended
Shimoga(Karna): Seventeen gram panchayat
secretaries have been suspended and notices issued to eight
panchayat members on charge of misusing funds totalling Rs 40
lakh provided for implementing the Mahatma Gandhi Rural
Employment Guarantee Scheme in the district, an official said.
Criminal cases have been filed against four gram
panchayat members, District Ombudsman appointed to oversee the
scheme`s implementation, Venkatesh told reporters here today.
He said out of 71 complaints received during 2010-11, 45
have been disposed of. A special squad appointed by Zilla
Panchayat will also check the scheme`s implementation by all
gram panchayats in their respective areas.
Out of the total outlay of Rs 122 crore sanctioned for
the year, the district has spent 61.5 crore till date. Sorab
taluk tops the list in spending and Theerthahlli is in the
last position. There are 1,79, 475 job card holders in the
district with total beneficiaries of 4,75,550.
As per the Union Government`s norms every registered
family will get 100 days of work with a wage of Rs 125 per
day. He said many are not coming forward to avail this benefit
in some parts of the district due to availability of work with
higher wages in their area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly