Nursing student allegedly gang-raped
Bangalore: A 19-year-old nursing student was allegedly gang-raped by three persons in an vacant house here four days ago, police said on Thursday.
In her complaint to the police, the student said she had gone to a church near Johnson Market on April 21.
After the mass, she was waiting at a bus stand when a sport utility vehicle (SUV) stopped near her and three men inside asked for address which was scribbled on a piece of paper. When she tried to read from the paper, the trio pulled her in and drove away.
The student stated that she was then allegedly gang-raped by the three men who later left her in the house and fled. Later, she was dropped in front of her college by "some woman" who found her in the house, she said in her complaint.
"At present, we have registered a case of rape and are questioning suspects. The medical examination report of the student is awaited and till we get it, we cannot say whether it was a gang-rape", Joint Commissioner Crime Murugan S told a news agency.
To a question, he said no arrests had been made and the case was still being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?