Nursing student allegedly gang-raped
Bangalore: A 19-year-old nursing student was allegedly gang-raped by three persons in an vacant house here four days ago, police said on Thursday.
In her complaint to the police, the student said she had gone to a church near Johnson Market on April 21.
After the mass, she was waiting at a bus stand when a sport utility vehicle (SUV) stopped near her and three men inside asked for address which was scribbled on a piece of paper. When she tried to read from the paper, the trio pulled her in and drove away.
The student stated that she was then allegedly gang-raped by the three men who later left her in the house and fled. Later, she was dropped in front of her college by "some woman" who found her in the house, she said in her complaint.
"At present, we have registered a case of rape and are questioning suspects. The medical examination report of the student is awaited and till we get it, we cannot say whether it was a gang-rape", Joint Commissioner Crime Murugan S told a news agency.
To a question, he said no arrests had been made and the case was still being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet