Nursing student allegedly gang-raped
Bangalore: A 19-year-old nursing student was allegedly gang-raped by three persons in an vacant house here four days ago, police said on Thursday.
In her complaint to the police, the student said she had gone to a church near Johnson Market on April 21.
After the mass, she was waiting at a bus stand when a sport utility vehicle (SUV) stopped near her and three men inside asked for address which was scribbled on a piece of paper. When she tried to read from the paper, the trio pulled her in and drove away.
The student stated that she was then allegedly gang-raped by the three men who later left her in the house and fled. Later, she was dropped in front of her college by "some woman" who found her in the house, she said in her complaint.
"At present, we have registered a case of rape and are questioning suspects. The medical examination report of the student is awaited and till we get it, we cannot say whether it was a gang-rape", Joint Commissioner Crime Murugan S told a news agency.
To a question, he said no arrests had been made and the case was still being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city