Nursing student allegedly gang-raped
Bangalore: A 19-year-old nursing student was allegedly gang-raped by three persons in an vacant house here four days ago, police said on Thursday.
In her complaint to the police, the student said she had gone to a church near Johnson Market on April 21.
After the mass, she was waiting at a bus stand when a sport utility vehicle (SUV) stopped near her and three men inside asked for address which was scribbled on a piece of paper. When she tried to read from the paper, the trio pulled her in and drove away.
The student stated that she was then allegedly gang-raped by the three men who later left her in the house and fled. Later, she was dropped in front of her college by "some woman" who found her in the house, she said in her complaint.
"At present, we have registered a case of rape and are questioning suspects. The medical examination report of the student is awaited and till we get it, we cannot say whether it was a gang-rape", Joint Commissioner Crime Murugan S told a news agency.
To a question, he said no arrests had been made and the case was still being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?