Officials under Lokayukta net for misuse of funds
Bangalore: Lokayukta sleuths on Friday conducted simultaneous searches on the offices and residences of three senior officials of Women and Child Directorate in Karnataka in connection with allegations of misappropriation of funds under the Integrated Child Development Scheme, police said.
The raids were conducted at the office and residential premises of Shamla Iqbal, former Director, Usha Patwari, Joint Director, Muniraju, Assistant Director, and offices of the Women and Child Development Department in 11 different places
in Bangalore, Mysore Tumkur, Raichur and Bidar districts.
Besides, premises of Cristy Fried Gram Industries and anganwadi centers were also raided. A case had been registered against the officials under section 13(1)(d) and 13(2) of the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988.
It was alleged that the officials had "misused" the funds amounting to Rs 600 crore per annum for the scheme meant for providing nutritional supplement to children, adolescent girls, preganant women and lactating mothers, Additional Director General of Police (ADGP) Lokayukta Satyanarayana Rao told reporters here.
During the seach conducted at the residence of Shamla Iqbal here, documents, property and valuables including 900 grams of gold, diamonds worth about Rs four lakh, about Rs one lakh worth platinum jewellery, bank deposits of Rs 65 lakh, a
commercial complex at Church Street here, a house purchased for 60 lakh at HAL 3rd stage and a site in Arkavathy Layout, nine bank accounts (under scrutiny) were seized.
Valuables including 655 grams of gold, Rs 4.90 lakh cash, 10 kilograms of silver and 30 bank accounts (under scrutiny) were seized from the residence of Usha Patwari.
During the search conducted at Muniraju`s residence here, 379 grams of gold, 750 grams of silver, Rs 1.70 lakh cash and documents pertaining to 50x80 site and a house in Mysore, another site in Vijayanagar sold last year for Rs 22 lakh, 15 acres in Malur in Kolar district were seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani