‘Omar`s cabinet meet near LoC a political gimmick`
Jammu: BJP on Thursday trashed as "political gimmick" Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah chairing a Cabinet meeting near the Line of Control so as to reach out to the remotest corners of the state.
"This is a political gimmick to attract cheap publicity and put burden on the state exchequer. Omar Abdullah has more serious issues to address," BJP MP J P Nadda told reporters.
Following in the footsteps of his grandfather Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah, the Chief Minister had yesterday chaired a Cabinet meeting at Tangdhar village near the LoC.
Seeking to take credit for the peace in the state, Nadda said the credit went to BJP as the "people-centric policies of NDA" helped in restoring calm in the Valley.
"Whatever peace you see here in Jammu and Kashmir, it is because of the good people-oriented and...Nationalist steps taken by the NDA government led by Atal Behari Vajpayee due to which terrorism could be controlled," he said.
Nadda, who was on a three-day visit of the state in connection with the preparation of BJP`s "vision document", said there was no excitement among people over the interlocutors` report and added that they have not taken into consideration the aspirations of people here.
"They have not touched the real issues. The aspirations of people have not been taken into consideration," he said.
Referring to the demand for formation of a separate Hill Council, he said, "People in the hilly area of J&K want a separate Hill Council because there is no development there."
On inflation, he said that during the non-Congress regimes, prices always remained stable and blamed the UPA government for its "wrong policies" for the present inflationary pressures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon