‘Omar`s cabinet meet near LoC a political gimmick`
Jammu: BJP on Thursday trashed as "political gimmick" Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah chairing a Cabinet meeting near the Line of Control so as to reach out to the remotest corners of the state.
"This is a political gimmick to attract cheap publicity and put burden on the state exchequer. Omar Abdullah has more serious issues to address," BJP MP J P Nadda told reporters.
Following in the footsteps of his grandfather Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah, the Chief Minister had yesterday chaired a Cabinet meeting at Tangdhar village near the LoC.
Seeking to take credit for the peace in the state, Nadda said the credit went to BJP as the "people-centric policies of NDA" helped in restoring calm in the Valley.
"Whatever peace you see here in Jammu and Kashmir, it is because of the good people-oriented and...Nationalist steps taken by the NDA government led by Atal Behari Vajpayee due to which terrorism could be controlled," he said.
Nadda, who was on a three-day visit of the state in connection with the preparation of BJP`s "vision document", said there was no excitement among people over the interlocutors` report and added that they have not taken into consideration the aspirations of people here.
"They have not touched the real issues. The aspirations of people have not been taken into consideration," he said.
Referring to the demand for formation of a separate Hill Council, he said, "People in the hilly area of J&K want a separate Hill Council because there is no development there."
On inflation, he said that during the non-Congress regimes, prices always remained stable and blamed the UPA government for its "wrong policies" for the present inflationary pressures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway