OMC mining issue: Karna CM flays Oppn
Chitradurga: Karnataka Chief Minister
B S Yeddyurappa on Monday slammed the opposition for its
allegations of illegal mining against Obulapuram Mining
Company (OMC) owned by Tourism Minister Janardhana Reddy,
asking them to substantiate their charges.
"If they have any documents with regard to illegal
mining, let them (opposition) make it public," he told
reporters while canvassing for BJP candidate G H Thippareddy
for the coming elections to the Legislative Council here.
"There is no need to give importance to such baseless
allegations," Yeddyurappa said.
Andhra Pradesh High Court had recently suspended
operation of the state government`s GO, prohibiting alleged
illegal mining by the OMC.
Yeddyurappa said the state government had informed the
Centre that it needed Rs 6,000 crore to take up flood-relief
works in the state. "The Centre, which has already released Rs
500 crore, has assured that more funds would be released
soon," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan