OMC scam: BV Srinivasa Reddy gets interim bail
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here on Friday granted interim bail to BV Srinivasa Reddy, one of the prime accused in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) illegal mining case, involving mining baron and former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy.
The court allowed the plea of Srinivasa Reddy, the managing director of OMC and the minister`s brother-in-law, and granted him interim bail for five days from August 05 with three escorts, in view of a surgery to be conducted on his wife at a hospital here.
Janardhan Reddy and Srinivasa are currently in judicial custody at the Chanchalguda Central Prison here. They were arrested by CBI on September 05, 2011.
Srinivasa Reddy was asked to submit two sureties of Rs 50,000 each towards interim bail, while the Chanchalguda Jail Superintendent was directed to send him to hospital every day from 9 am and take back to jail at 4 pm with three escorts.
OMC is accused of tampering with mining lease boundary markings and carrying out mining illegally in Bellary Reserve Forest area on the Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH