One arrested for making threat call to ex-Karnataka Minister
Bellary: Karnataka police have arrested one person for allegedly making threat calls to former state minister Anand Singh demanding money, a senior police official said.
The accused, Mahesh Ambare, was arrested yesterday from Delhi, Bellary SP Chandragupta told PTI here.
Ambare had made the threat call from Delhi to Singh, currently a BJP MLA from Hospet Assembly constituency, some 20 days back demanding money, Chandragupta said.
Ambare has been making threat calls to high-profile people, but no complaint was lodged against him earlier, the Bellary SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'