One more body recovered from debris
Bangalore: With one more body being extricated from the debris today, the toll in the building collapse near here rose to two.
The deceased has been identified as Sabanna, a labourer, Ulsoor ACP Narasimaiah said.
Yesterday, Mohan Nayar, an architect who was working on the building, died as the debris came down on him, Narasimaiah said.
Three children, including a five-month old baby girl, were injured in the mishap. The children of construction labourers were rescued from under the debris by fire force personnel.
City corporation (Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagar Palike) Joint Commissioner Gangadharaiah said the corporation had not approved the building plan.
A case has been registered for negligence and also under provisions of the Karnataka Municipal Corporation Act, 1976 for unauthorised construction, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble