One more body recovered from debris
Bangalore: With one more body being extricated from the debris today, the toll in the building collapse near here rose to two.
The deceased has been identified as Sabanna, a labourer, Ulsoor ACP Narasimaiah said.
Yesterday, Mohan Nayar, an architect who was working on the building, died as the debris came down on him, Narasimaiah said.
Three children, including a five-month old baby girl, were injured in the mishap. The children of construction labourers were rescued from under the debris by fire force personnel.
City corporation (Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagar Palike) Joint Commissioner Gangadharaiah said the corporation had not approved the building plan.
A case has been registered for negligence and also under provisions of the Karnataka Municipal Corporation Act, 1976 for unauthorised construction, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you