One more body recovered from debris
Bangalore: With one more body being extricated from the debris today, the toll in the building collapse near here rose to two.
The deceased has been identified as Sabanna, a labourer, Ulsoor ACP Narasimaiah said.
Yesterday, Mohan Nayar, an architect who was working on the building, died as the debris came down on him, Narasimaiah said.
Three children, including a five-month old baby girl, were injured in the mishap. The children of construction labourers were rescued from under the debris by fire force personnel.
City corporation (Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagar Palike) Joint Commissioner Gangadharaiah said the corporation had not approved the building plan.
A case has been registered for negligence and also under provisions of the Karnataka Municipal Corporation Act, 1976 for unauthorised construction, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon