One more body recovered from debris
Bangalore: With one more body being extricated from the debris today, the toll in the building collapse near here rose to two.
The deceased has been identified as Sabanna, a labourer, Ulsoor ACP Narasimaiah said.
Yesterday, Mohan Nayar, an architect who was working on the building, died as the debris came down on him, Narasimaiah said.
Three children, including a five-month old baby girl, were injured in the mishap. The children of construction labourers were rescued from under the debris by fire force personnel.
City corporation (Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagar Palike) Joint Commissioner Gangadharaiah said the corporation had not approved the building plan.
A case has been registered for negligence and also under provisions of the Karnataka Municipal Corporation Act, 1976 for unauthorised construction, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?