One more body recovered from debris
Bangalore: With one more body being extricated from the debris today, the toll in the building collapse near here rose to two.
The deceased has been identified as Sabanna, a labourer, Ulsoor ACP Narasimaiah said.
Yesterday, Mohan Nayar, an architect who was working on the building, died as the debris came down on him, Narasimaiah said.
Three children, including a five-month old baby girl, were injured in the mishap. The children of construction labourers were rescued from under the debris by fire force personnel.
City corporation (Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagar Palike) Joint Commissioner Gangadharaiah said the corporation had not approved the building plan.
A case has been registered for negligence and also under provisions of the Karnataka Municipal Corporation Act, 1976 for unauthorised construction, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic