One more complaint filed against BSY, Somanna
Bangalore: In fresh trouble for former
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, another complaint was Thursday filed against him and Housing Minister V Somanna in
the Lokayukta court in an alleged land scam.
The complaint pertains to alleged acquisition of 22 guntas
(a gunta is 1/40th of an acre) of government land in
Nagadevanahalli by Somanna in his wife`s name in 2005 and
getting it denotified in 2009 when Yeddyurappa was Chief
Minister, causing an estimated Rs eight crore loss to the
The land was originally acquired by Bangalore Development
Authority for formation of Nagarbhavi Layout in 1993.
Besides Yeddyurappa and Somanna, the complaint filed by one
Ravikrishna Reddy was also against Somanna`s wife Shailaja.
Sommanna joined BJP after quitting Congress in 2007.
The High Court had yesterday granted anticipatory bail to
Yeddyurappa and his family members in two complaints on
alleged irregularities in denotification of government lands.
Advocate Sirajin Bhasha had filed the complaints in the
Lokayukta special court alleging denotification of land
illegally by Yeddyurappa to favour his family members.
Yeddyurappa had earlier secured bail in two of the five
private complaints regarding alleged illegal denotification of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel