One more complaint filed against BSY, Somanna
Bangalore: In fresh trouble for former
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, another complaint was Thursday filed against him and Housing Minister V Somanna in
the Lokayukta court in an alleged land scam.
The complaint pertains to alleged acquisition of 22 guntas
(a gunta is 1/40th of an acre) of government land in
Nagadevanahalli by Somanna in his wife`s name in 2005 and
getting it denotified in 2009 when Yeddyurappa was Chief
Minister, causing an estimated Rs eight crore loss to the
The land was originally acquired by Bangalore Development
Authority for formation of Nagarbhavi Layout in 1993.
Besides Yeddyurappa and Somanna, the complaint filed by one
Ravikrishna Reddy was also against Somanna`s wife Shailaja.
Sommanna joined BJP after quitting Congress in 2007.
The High Court had yesterday granted anticipatory bail to
Yeddyurappa and his family members in two complaints on
alleged irregularities in denotification of government lands.
Advocate Sirajin Bhasha had filed the complaints in the
Lokayukta special court alleging denotification of land
illegally by Yeddyurappa to favour his family members.
Yeddyurappa had earlier secured bail in two of the five
private complaints regarding alleged illegal denotification of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon