One more complaint filed against BSY, Somanna
Bangalore: In fresh trouble for former
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, another complaint was Thursday filed against him and Housing Minister V Somanna in
the Lokayukta court in an alleged land scam.
The complaint pertains to alleged acquisition of 22 guntas
(a gunta is 1/40th of an acre) of government land in
Nagadevanahalli by Somanna in his wife`s name in 2005 and
getting it denotified in 2009 when Yeddyurappa was Chief
Minister, causing an estimated Rs eight crore loss to the
The land was originally acquired by Bangalore Development
Authority for formation of Nagarbhavi Layout in 1993.
Besides Yeddyurappa and Somanna, the complaint filed by one
Ravikrishna Reddy was also against Somanna`s wife Shailaja.
Sommanna joined BJP after quitting Congress in 2007.
The High Court had yesterday granted anticipatory bail to
Yeddyurappa and his family members in two complaints on
alleged irregularities in denotification of government lands.
Advocate Sirajin Bhasha had filed the complaints in the
Lokayukta special court alleging denotification of land
illegally by Yeddyurappa to favour his family members.
Yeddyurappa had earlier secured bail in two of the five
private complaints regarding alleged illegal denotification of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought