One more complaint filed against BSY, Somanna
Bangalore: In fresh trouble for former
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, another complaint was Thursday filed against him and Housing Minister V Somanna in
the Lokayukta court in an alleged land scam.
The complaint pertains to alleged acquisition of 22 guntas
(a gunta is 1/40th of an acre) of government land in
Nagadevanahalli by Somanna in his wife`s name in 2005 and
getting it denotified in 2009 when Yeddyurappa was Chief
Minister, causing an estimated Rs eight crore loss to the
The land was originally acquired by Bangalore Development
Authority for formation of Nagarbhavi Layout in 1993.
Besides Yeddyurappa and Somanna, the complaint filed by one
Ravikrishna Reddy was also against Somanna`s wife Shailaja.
Sommanna joined BJP after quitting Congress in 2007.
The High Court had yesterday granted anticipatory bail to
Yeddyurappa and his family members in two complaints on
alleged irregularities in denotification of government lands.
Advocate Sirajin Bhasha had filed the complaints in the
Lokayukta special court alleging denotification of land
illegally by Yeddyurappa to favour his family members.
Yeddyurappa had earlier secured bail in two of the five
private complaints regarding alleged illegal denotification of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest