Only Cong can provide clean & stable govt in Karnataka: Moily
Tumkur: Hitting out at the ruling BJP in Karnataka, Union Petroleum Minister and senior Congress leader M Veerappa Moily on Sunday asserted that only Congress could provide a "clean and stable" government in the state.
Speaking to reporters after taking the blessings of Siddaganga mutt seer Sivakumara Swamiji, he said "it is only the Congress which is capable of providing a clean and stable government in the state".
He came down heavily on the ruling BJP for its "failure to fulfil the aspirations of the people and many of its ministers and legislators being involved in corruption".
He said Congress is contesting in all the 224 seats and claimed it would win sufficient number of seats to form government on its own.
Responding to a query, Moily rubbished the allegations of bribe against senior Congress leaders for allotment of party tickets, as "baseless".
He reiterated that the party would win the polls with the help of its "strong youth force".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed