Oppn asks people to oust `corrupt` BJP govt
Mysore: Opposition Congress in Karnataka
today urged people to oust the "corrupt" BJP government and
demanded that Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa seek a CBI probe
into "scams" in his rule.
KPCC President G Parameshwara, Opposition Congress leader
in the state Assembly Siddaramaiah and Union Minister for
Labour M Mallikarjun Kharge slammed the BJP government for
"neglecting" the development of the state.
The leaders who addressed the rally, the third in a
series planned by it, listed out the "failures" and
"corruption" in the government, even as the BJP was holding
its convention in Bangalore to highlight the government`s
Kharge set the tone for the rally, charging the
government with being obsessed with thoughts of witchcraft.
"Chief Minister BS Yeddurpappa feels his life is in danger,
alleging that Congress is behind this practice. He seems to
have more faith in witchcraft than in the Constitution," he
"This corrupt Government has nothing to boast of except
its scams, which ought to be probed by CBI. People should pack
it off lock, stock and barrel", the leaders said.
They also referred to attacks on Churches across the
state and said minorities have no confidence in this "communal
Among those who addressed the gathering were Union
Minister of State for Railways K H Muniyappa, Former Union
Ministers C K Jaffer Sheriff, C M Ibrahim, B Janardhan
Poojari, Congress MPs and MLAs from the region.
Earlier, legislative Assembly leader Siddaramaih
inaugurated the rally at Palace Anjeneya Temple, from where
party workers went in a procession to converge at Maharaja
College grounds, the venue of the meet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!