Orders reserved on anticipatory bail plea filed by Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Thursday reserved orders on the anticipatory bail petition filed by former Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy in a case relating to alleged irregularities in denotification of government land in 2007.
Justice KN Keshavanarayana reserved the verdict after conclusion of final arguments and also extended the interim bail granted to Kumaraswamy till pronouncement of order on anticipatory bail plea.
Earlier Kumaraswamy appeared in the Lokayukta court in pursuant with the summons issued to him earlier this month to appear before it on or before May 31 and the matter was adjourned to June 2.
On April 16, the High Court had granted six-week interim bail to him in connection with the case.
The Lokayukta court last month ordered issue of summons to Kumaraswamy and others in a private complaint filed by one Mahadevaswamy alleging violation of rules in ordering denotification of 3.8 acres in Thanisandra which had been acquired for formation of Arkavathy layout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets