Orders reserved on anticipatory bail plea filed by Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Thursday reserved orders on the anticipatory bail petition filed by former Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy in a case relating to alleged irregularities in denotification of government land in 2007.
Justice KN Keshavanarayana reserved the verdict after conclusion of final arguments and also extended the interim bail granted to Kumaraswamy till pronouncement of order on anticipatory bail plea.
Earlier Kumaraswamy appeared in the Lokayukta court in pursuant with the summons issued to him earlier this month to appear before it on or before May 31 and the matter was adjourned to June 2.
On April 16, the High Court had granted six-week interim bail to him in connection with the case.
The Lokayukta court last month ordered issue of summons to Kumaraswamy and others in a private complaint filed by one Mahadevaswamy alleging violation of rules in ordering denotification of 3.8 acres in Thanisandra which had been acquired for formation of Arkavathy layout.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical