Paint company`s godown gutted in Bangalore fire
Bangalore: A major fire on Thursday gutted the godown of a leading paint company`s gowdown on city outskirts but there were no casualties.
"The godown has been completely gutted, but some adjoining buildings have partially been affected," Karnataka State Fire and Emergency Services (KSFES) Director (Technical) B K Hampagol said.
The Berger paints godown is situated at Bommanahalli, which is close to Electronic City where several major IT/ITeS companies are located.
Hampagol said initially six fire tenders were rushed to the spot and 18 more later to fight the inferno, involving as many as 150 fire brigade personnel.
The fire has been brought under control, he said. The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
The congested locality and a huge crowd that gathered at the spot posed problems for the fire brigade.
City Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash Mirji, who rushed to the site, said action will be taken against the owners of the godown if they were found violating building bylaws.
"Even if they are not found violating building norms, strict action would be taken for not conforming to rules pertaining to storage facilities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days