Paint company`s godown gutted in Bangalore fire
Bangalore: A major fire on Thursday gutted the godown of a leading paint company`s gowdown on city outskirts but there were no casualties.
"The godown has been completely gutted, but some adjoining buildings have partially been affected," Karnataka State Fire and Emergency Services (KSFES) Director (Technical) B K Hampagol said.
The Berger paints godown is situated at Bommanahalli, which is close to Electronic City where several major IT/ITeS companies are located.
Hampagol said initially six fire tenders were rushed to the spot and 18 more later to fight the inferno, involving as many as 150 fire brigade personnel.
The fire has been brought under control, he said. The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
The congested locality and a huge crowd that gathered at the spot posed problems for the fire brigade.
City Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash Mirji, who rushed to the site, said action will be taken against the owners of the godown if they were found violating building bylaws.
"Even if they are not found violating building norms, strict action would be taken for not conforming to rules pertaining to storage facilities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician