Paint company`s godown gutted in Bangalore fire
Bangalore: A major fire on Thursday gutted the godown of a leading paint company`s gowdown on city outskirts but there were no casualties.
"The godown has been completely gutted, but some adjoining buildings have partially been affected," Karnataka State Fire and Emergency Services (KSFES) Director (Technical) B K Hampagol said.
The Berger paints godown is situated at Bommanahalli, which is close to Electronic City where several major IT/ITeS companies are located.
Hampagol said initially six fire tenders were rushed to the spot and 18 more later to fight the inferno, involving as many as 150 fire brigade personnel.
The fire has been brought under control, he said. The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
The congested locality and a huge crowd that gathered at the spot posed problems for the fire brigade.
City Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash Mirji, who rushed to the site, said action will be taken against the owners of the godown if they were found violating building bylaws.
"Even if they are not found violating building norms, strict action would be taken for not conforming to rules pertaining to storage facilities," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah