Pak flag hoisted in Karnataka town on New Year
Bijapur: Tension prevailed in Sindgi
town near here after it came to the notice of locals that a
Pakistani flag had been hoisted on the premises of the
Tahsildar`s office on Sunday, police said.
Soon after receiving the message, police went to the town,
about 60 km from here, and seized it from the flag-pole, SP
An irate mob pelted stones at two buses and showed signs
of intensifying the protest. However, police brought the
situation under control, he said, adding the situation was now
The flag was hoisted at midnight while people were
celebrating new year in the town, Rajappa said and added that
locals allegedly tried to manhandle him as well.
Police have taken some persons into custody for inquiry
and but no arrest had been made, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre