Pak flag hoisted in Karnataka town on New Year
Bijapur: Tension prevailed in Sindgi
town near here after it came to the notice of locals that a
Pakistani flag had been hoisted on the premises of the
Tahsildar`s office on Sunday, police said.
Soon after receiving the message, police went to the town,
about 60 km from here, and seized it from the flag-pole, SP
An irate mob pelted stones at two buses and showed signs
of intensifying the protest. However, police brought the
situation under control, he said, adding the situation was now
The flag was hoisted at midnight while people were
celebrating new year in the town, Rajappa said and added that
locals allegedly tried to manhandle him as well.
Police have taken some persons into custody for inquiry
and but no arrest had been made, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year