Parameshwara clarifies on letter to Shivashankarappa
Bangalore: KPCC President G Parameshwara Tuesday rejected reports that he had issued a notice to the party`s Treasurer Shamanur Shivashankarappa for his failure to attend the officebearers meeting called last month and asserted "it is only a letter".
"Shivashankarappa is like my elder brother. It is not correct to view the letter I wrote to him as a notice", Parameshwara told reporters in the wake of a controversy that broke out over his last month`s communication to the senior leader from the Lingayat community.
Parameshwara said he had written to 22 office-bearers who did not attend the meetings asking them not to skip the next meeting.
Of the 14 meeting of office-bearers held so far, Shivashankarappa has attended only two and he only requested him to make it to the next meeting, he clarified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal