Party always stood by the side of BSY: Eswarappa
Bangalore: In an effort to mollify its belligerent former CM BS Yeddyruappa and stem the fresh revolt launched by him, Karnataka unit BJP on Sunday declared that the party would be with him in this hour of crisis.
State unit party President KS Eswarappa, who returned to the city cutting short his Nepal visit in the early hours today in the wake of political developments in the party said "we have always stood by the side of Yeddyurappa".
Talking to reporters, Eswarappa said "not only me, even my party will be with him in bad and good times. We will help him in all possible ways", obviously responding to the displeasure expressed by Yeddyurappa that the party and its leadership did not come to his support after the Supreme Court ordered a CBI probe into his alleged role in illegal mining.
Yeddyurappa and some of his loyalists alleged that none of the top leaders of the party, including Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda, offerred words of comfort to the former CM after the apex court`s order.
Eswarappa, sought to downplay the on-going developments that has hit the party and its government, said he has heard about resignations of ministers and MLAs through the media.
"In case there is any such thing, we will talk to them and try to resolve their problem", he said when his attention was drawn to the resentment blowing among some MLAs and Ministers after Sadananda Gowda and he dashed off a letter to the Party President Nitin Gadkari complaining against them.
From the time BJP came to power in Karnataka the party always had problems, Eswarappa said, adding "it is our internal problem".
Eswarappa said he would meet Yeddyurappa and also Gowda to discuss the on-going crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!