Party always stood by the side of BSY: Eswarappa
Bangalore: In an effort to mollify its belligerent former CM BS Yeddyruappa and stem the fresh revolt launched by him, Karnataka unit BJP on Sunday declared that the party would be with him in this hour of crisis.
State unit party President KS Eswarappa, who returned to the city cutting short his Nepal visit in the early hours today in the wake of political developments in the party said "we have always stood by the side of Yeddyurappa".
Talking to reporters, Eswarappa said "not only me, even my party will be with him in bad and good times. We will help him in all possible ways", obviously responding to the displeasure expressed by Yeddyurappa that the party and its leadership did not come to his support after the Supreme Court ordered a CBI probe into his alleged role in illegal mining.
Yeddyurappa and some of his loyalists alleged that none of the top leaders of the party, including Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda, offerred words of comfort to the former CM after the apex court`s order.
Eswarappa, sought to downplay the on-going developments that has hit the party and its government, said he has heard about resignations of ministers and MLAs through the media.
"In case there is any such thing, we will talk to them and try to resolve their problem", he said when his attention was drawn to the resentment blowing among some MLAs and Ministers after Sadananda Gowda and he dashed off a letter to the Party President Nitin Gadkari complaining against them.
From the time BJP came to power in Karnataka the party always had problems, Eswarappa said, adding "it is our internal problem".
Eswarappa said he would meet Yeddyurappa and also Gowda to discuss the on-going crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday