Pascal chargesheeted for raping minor daughter
Bangalore: French diplomat Pascal Mazurier was Monday chargesheeted for allegedly raping his three-year-old daughter.
"City Police today chargesheeted Mauzurier under Section 376 of Indian Penal Code for raping his minor daughter," DCP (Central) Ravikante Gowda said.
Mazurier, deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France, was arrested on June 19 on a complaint by Suja, a native of Kerala, that he had raped their minor daughter.
Earlier today,High Court Judge H N Nagamohan Das adjourned to Sept 21 hearing of Pascal`s bail plea after police informed the court they had filed the chargesheet before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Nagalinge Gowda.
Mazurier, Consular Attach to Consulate General of France here had moved the High Court on August 7, seeking bail.
In his petition, he had pointed out that as per the Forensic Sciences Laboratory (Bangalore) test report, his DNA profile did not match with that of the child.
On July 27, the Fast Track Court-I had rejected Pascal`s bail plea, observing that "though DNA test has not tallied with the DNA profile of the accused, bail cannot be granted to him only on this ground."
Pascal was arrested on June 19 on a complaint by his wife alleging that he had raped his daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard