Pascal chargesheeted for raping minor daughter
Bangalore: French diplomat Pascal Mazurier was Monday chargesheeted for allegedly raping his three-year-old daughter.
"City Police today chargesheeted Mauzurier under Section 376 of Indian Penal Code for raping his minor daughter," DCP (Central) Ravikante Gowda said.
Mazurier, deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France, was arrested on June 19 on a complaint by Suja, a native of Kerala, that he had raped their minor daughter.
Earlier today,High Court Judge H N Nagamohan Das adjourned to Sept 21 hearing of Pascal`s bail plea after police informed the court they had filed the chargesheet before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Nagalinge Gowda.
Mazurier, Consular Attach to Consulate General of France here had moved the High Court on August 7, seeking bail.
In his petition, he had pointed out that as per the Forensic Sciences Laboratory (Bangalore) test report, his DNA profile did not match with that of the child.
On July 27, the Fast Track Court-I had rejected Pascal`s bail plea, observing that "though DNA test has not tallied with the DNA profile of the accused, bail cannot be granted to him only on this ground."
Pascal was arrested on June 19 on a complaint by his wife alleging that he had raped his daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30