Perpetrators of Bangalore blasts wanted to create stampede?
Bangalore: A Pune police team probing the German Bakery blast case has arrived here to investigate the explosions at the Chinnaswamy stadium this weekend, even as local investigators believe perpetrators of the crime may have plotted the bombs to create a stampede.
The Pune police team interacted last night with investigators of Bangalore blasts and exchanged information.
A low-intensity blast near Gate number 12 hidden behind a plastic board outside the M Chinnaswami Stadium on Saturday, 45 minutes ahead of an IPL match between Bangalore Royal Challengers and Mumbai Indians, left 17 persons injured.
Minutes before it, another explosion took place in the vicinity of the Stadium, near roadside bushes close to Anil Kumble circle but no one was hurt here.
Later, during the course of the match police recovered a third bomb near Gate number eight and defused it. Yesterday, police recovered two more unexploded bombs near the Stadium.
"Pune police team has come," an investigator told reporters on condition of anonymity. "We suspect the hand of some new comers (perpetrators) behind these blasts. We are looking if similar operandi was used in other parts of the country earlier."
"The blasts were of low-intensity. It does not appear to have been carried out by trained terrorists. The effort of the perpetrators appears to be to create stampede," he said.
"Ammonium nitrate, petroleum jelly were used along with battery and timer. They were rolled into plastic bags."
The Stadium was packed with 40,000-plus spectators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'