Petition against KGB`s relatives posted to Feb 28
Thrissur: A Petition, seeking probe into
the allegations of amassment of wealth by relatives of former
CJI K G Balakrishnan, was on Thursday posted to Feb 28 by a court
here for a detailed hearing.
When the case came up today before the V Ramkumar, Enquiry
commissiner and Special Judge (Vigilance), the petitioner,
George Vattukulam, state president of the kerala malayala
vedi, sought time to produce more evidence to substantiate the
allegations against the relatives of justice Balakrishnan.
Following the plea, the case was posted for a detailed
hearing and production of more evidence to Feb 28.
Vattukulam had filed a complaint alleging that
Balakrishnan`s brother, K G Bhaskaran, former special
government pleader in kerala high court and his two
sons-in-laws, P V Sreenijan and M A Benny had amassed wealth
disproportionate to their known sources of income and a probe
should be launched against them.
Following media reports that Sreenijan, an advocate and
former youth congress leader had purchased various properties
and amassed wealth beyond his known sources of income, he
resigned from the party. Bhaskaran also resigned following
intense media heat over the allegations. He was asked by
Advocate General, C P Sudhakara Prasad to resign or demit
office. The reports had also alleged that Benny had purchased
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them