`PIL proposed against govt acquiring farm land`
Gadag/Hubli (Karna): Former Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy on Wednesday said his party JDS proposed to file a Public Interest Litigation against ruling BJP for allegedly grabbing fertile land under the guise of industrial development.
Speaking to reporters after meeting Siddalinga Swami of Tontadarya Mutt at Gadag, he demanded that the government drop its plans to acquire land as it would sound the death knell for farmers, who are being `forced` to give up their lands at meagre rates.
"The farm land acquisition scam is ten times bigger than the central 2-G scam," he said.
Alleging a close nexus between the government and Korean steel major Posco, he said the BJP government was bent on acquiring lands from farmers in Gadag district at throwaway prices and handing them over to Posco.
He warned that JDS would launch an agitation jointly with Tontadarya Swami, who is spearheading the farmers` movement, if the government continued acquiring these lands.
Earlier, in Hubli he alleged that the state government had secretly signed an agreement with the steel giant and threatened to expose the links between the government and Posco by releasing documents to prove it.
"While earlier the government had banned iron export, it is now willing to export 30 per cent of the steel to Korea following a secret agreement between the government and Posco," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police