Police cane charge Congress, BJP supporters
Mangalore: Congress and BJP activists
on Saturday clashed with each other while staging protests on
different issues at Sulia near here, prompting the police to
resort to mild caning to disperse them.
While the Congress workers were protesting against
remarks allegedly made by RSS activist Renuka Prasad against
Krujgi Venkataramana, a local educationist, BJP men were
agitating against comments allegedly made by Dakshina Kannada
unit Congress president Ramanath Rai on Chief Minister
Activists of both the parties almost came to blows,
resulting in police intervention, police said.
A tense situation prevails in the town, which Gowda is
likely to visit this evening.
Additional police forces from Mangalore and Puttur have
been rushed into Sulia and police said the situation was under
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- This is what Zakir Naik thinks about Narendra Modi, Islamic State and jihad
- India vs West Indies, 1st Test: Virender Sehwag predicted Virat Kohli's 12th ton before we all knew it!
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?
- Hong Kong student leader pleads not guilty