Police cane charge Congress, BJP supporters
Mangalore: Congress and BJP activists
on Saturday clashed with each other while staging protests on
different issues at Sulia near here, prompting the police to
resort to mild caning to disperse them.
While the Congress workers were protesting against
remarks allegedly made by RSS activist Renuka Prasad against
Krujgi Venkataramana, a local educationist, BJP men were
agitating against comments allegedly made by Dakshina Kannada
unit Congress president Ramanath Rai on Chief Minister
Activists of both the parties almost came to blows,
resulting in police intervention, police said.
A tense situation prevails in the town, which Gowda is
likely to visit this evening.
Additional police forces from Mangalore and Puttur have
been rushed into Sulia and police said the situation was under
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog