Police custody of 11 terror suspects extended till Sep 27
Bangalore: A local court on Thursday extended till September 27 the police custody of 11 suspects with alleged links to Lashkar-e-Toiba and HUJI terror outfits who were arrested last month.
City Crime Branch sleuths arrested 11 suspects, five from Hubli and six in the city on August 29 uncovering the terror module run by them in a major operation. Three more were arrested in as many days subsequently.
Second Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate G Nanjundaiah extended their police custody when they were produced before the court.
The suspects were planning to target MPs, MLAs and media persons. A foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets had been seized from the arrested persons.
The handlers of these suspects are from Saudi Arabia, according to investigators.
Police suspect the possibility of such terror modules across other states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon