Police custody of 11 terror suspects extended till Sep 27
Bangalore: A local court on Thursday extended till September 27 the police custody of 11 suspects with alleged links to Lashkar-e-Toiba and HUJI terror outfits who were arrested last month.
City Crime Branch sleuths arrested 11 suspects, five from Hubli and six in the city on August 29 uncovering the terror module run by them in a major operation. Three more were arrested in as many days subsequently.
Second Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate G Nanjundaiah extended their police custody when they were produced before the court.
The suspects were planning to target MPs, MLAs and media persons. A foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets had been seized from the arrested persons.
The handlers of these suspects are from Saudi Arabia, according to investigators.
Police suspect the possibility of such terror modules across other states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam