Police custody of two more terror suspects extended till Sep 27
Bangalore: A local court on Saturday extended till September 27 the police custody of two more suspects with alleged links to Lashkar-e-Toiba and HUJI terror outfits who were arrested last month.
Their custody was to end today and police sought further extension while producing them before the First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court.
Accordingly, the court extended their police custody till September 27, a City Crime Branch statement said.
On September 13, the police custody of 11 other terror suspects was extended to September 27.
City Crime Branch sleuths had arrested 11 suspects, five from Hubli and six in the city, on August 29 uncovering the suspected terror module run by them. Three more were arrested in as many days subsequently.
The suspects were planning to target MPs, MLAs and media persons. A foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets had been seized from the arrested persons.
The handlers of these suspects are from Saudi Arabia, according to investigators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez