Police custody of two more terror suspects extended till Sep 27
Bangalore: A local court on Saturday extended till September 27 the police custody of two more suspects with alleged links to Lashkar-e-Toiba and HUJI terror outfits who were arrested last month.
Their custody was to end today and police sought further extension while producing them before the First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court.
Accordingly, the court extended their police custody till September 27, a City Crime Branch statement said.
On September 13, the police custody of 11 other terror suspects was extended to September 27.
City Crime Branch sleuths had arrested 11 suspects, five from Hubli and six in the city, on August 29 uncovering the suspected terror module run by them. Three more were arrested in as many days subsequently.
The suspects were planning to target MPs, MLAs and media persons. A foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets had been seized from the arrested persons.
The handlers of these suspects are from Saudi Arabia, according to investigators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt