Police custody of two more terror suspects extended till Sep 27
Bangalore: A local court on Saturday extended till September 27 the police custody of two more suspects with alleged links to Lashkar-e-Toiba and HUJI terror outfits who were arrested last month.
Their custody was to end today and police sought further extension while producing them before the First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court.
Accordingly, the court extended their police custody till September 27, a City Crime Branch statement said.
On September 13, the police custody of 11 other terror suspects was extended to September 27.
City Crime Branch sleuths had arrested 11 suspects, five from Hubli and six in the city, on August 29 uncovering the suspected terror module run by them. Three more were arrested in as many days subsequently.
The suspects were planning to target MPs, MLAs and media persons. A foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets had been seized from the arrested persons.
The handlers of these suspects are from Saudi Arabia, according to investigators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security