Police file chargesheet against Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: Lokayukta Police on Monday filed a chargesheet against former Karnataka chief minister HD Kumaraswamy in connection with a complaint alleging illegalities in denotification of government land in 2007 when he was the Chief Minister.
Besides Kumaraswamy, former minister C Chennigappa, Raviprakash and Sriram, who were erstwhile owners of the land, have been charged under various IPC sections including 420 (cheating), 120(b) (criminal conspiracy) and Prevention of Corruption Act.
Lokayukta court judge N K Sudhindra Rao posted the case to April 21 for orders.
The complainant Mahadevaswamy has alleged Kumaraswamy denotified 3.8 acres in Thanisandra village in 2007 when he was the Chief Minister at the behest of Chennigappa though the Bangalore Development Authority had acquired the land and even formed sites in Arkavathy layout.
The chargesheet, submitted by investigating officer Ravishankar, said Raviprakash and Sriram had furnished false information about being poor landowners though they held good positions.
While Raviprakash was an ENT Specialist, Sriram was an Asst Professor in a private college and "both already own 10.5 acres in the same layout apart from owning houses and commercial buildings in Banashankari and BTM layout in the city and farmhouses in Devanahalli", it said.
On January 6, Lokayukta police had filed an FIR against Kumaraswamy and others under the orders of Lokayukta court.
It was alleged Kumaraswamy had not placed the concerned denotification request before the denotification committee and unilaterally ordered for denotification of the land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi